Tenganan Village is one of the oldest Balinese Traditional located in Karangasem Regency, east part of Bali. This village is much referred by cultural literature science of Tenganan Pegringsingan, which is very famous in the island. It own very unique local community life pattern which is one example of Bali Aga Villlage cultures (Hindu Prehistoric) and different with other countryside in plain of Bali. Nowadays, this village has been appointed as a place for tourist destination which can present the attractive and unique matters which able to add the variation of object and fascination for tourist to come.
Tenganan Village presenting the unique traditional culture
The specification of tourism object at Tenganan Village is consisted of :
- Countrified pattern of rural having the character of Linear
- The structure of bilateral society orientation at seniority collective
- Special Ritual System in high frequency by serving the religion solidarity, artistically and social mechanical solidarity.
- The tradition of Mekare-Kare on every June is a faith tradition as the screw pine in ritual context, religion value, spirit of struggle and test of physical delaying accompanied by traditional gamelan of Selonding.
- The Art Crafting Weave of cloth fastens which is famous called by Ikat Pangringsingan that is designed and arranged by the typical color.